Monday 22 August 2016

Our Solar System and Catch the Stars Activity!

It's been a while since my last post as I've been attending a course on cake decorating! We're never too old to learn, and it's amazing to head back to school to gain new knowledge and skills! Do check out my new Facebook Page, Bites N Delights for my latest creations. :)

Meanwhile, C has been having fun learning about our solar system! We came up with a few worksheets, as well as a Catch the Stars Activity.

Solar System Worksheets






The worksheets include writing numbers, tracing, colouring, decorating and counting stars, as well as sequencing the planets in our solar system.




And here, C and I used clay to recreate the planets in our Solar System!




Here's what we came up with! :)
If you are keen, download the worksheets here: Solar System Worksheets

Catch the Stars!



Here's another fun activity, and this one got C jumping! Haha! 


You will need:

-An old cardboard
-Black paper (optional)
-Hole puncher
-Felt material (for the back of the stars, as well as long strips to tie through the holes)
-Stars (we used glitter foam)
-Tape / Glue

First, I used an old cardboard and pasted a black sheet of paper over it, so it resembles the night sky. I then punched out holes through which I could tie strings made of felt material. The stars we used were made of glitter foam, and each of them had a piece of felt stuck on their backs so they can cling to the strings hanging from the cardboard.

There are 3 parts to this activity:

1. Jump and Catch the Stars
2. Count the Number of Stars Caught
3. Sort the Stars into Sizes.

Here, C was asked to jump and catch the stars, while I held the cardboard at the correct height. Here's a video of how C caught the stars! :)


C then counted the number of stars that she caught. And thereafter, she helped to sort them into sizes, Big, Medium and Small.





Cheeky C having fun!
Well, I'm really happy that C had loads of fun learning about the Solar System and Catching Stars! And I hope you enjoyed these ideas too! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead! :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment